Tuesday, April 06, 2004

*yawn* it is 5:48 am in the morning, what i am doing up *&%^#@... haha mmmm dont know why haha suddenly just become awake and decided to come online and surf a bit of net and update my blog at the same time.

Mmmm Connexions 2004, this event that i been organising for Singapore International Foundation with a budget of ard AUD$18,000... but wah lau, dont know why, the budget keeps fluctuating one... so difficult to plan the budget... mmm was pretty stressed about this seminar coz only got three weeks to plan only and also need to promote... then target audience is 300 people... mmm dammed difficult to meet man... haha the seminar itself is held in Monash University, Clayton campus. But shit man... the stoopid Monyx (the privatized arm of Monash Uni) was giving me a lot of trouble... what cannot bring outside food in and stuff like that... mmm and they are charging us like $36 per head for the food... (200 people = $7200!!!)... tell u arh they are crazy... i add somemore money and i can have buffet lunch or dinner at a posh hotel liao lor... haha but lucky managed to clinch a sponsorship with Monash University and it actually ease our budget quite a fair bit and I am happy with that. Like my mei (Renee) says, things really fall into pieces....

Issit a success you ask? mmm to me i dont think it is a success coz we did not managed to meet even the 200 participants target... But like the director of SIF, Dr Tan, says, number is not an issue here coz we had so little time to plan and promote... also he thinks that everything is well planned... Speaking of Dr Tan, I am glad that he is appreciative of my efforts and even encouraged me to run for SSAV (Singapore Student Association of Victoria) president... mmm think he hope that i can assist Joseph (aka Mr Tua Kang) to pull all Singaporean students together...

*Tua Kang = Hokkien translation which means big hole, or always blow trumpet one*

But frankly speaking i am very thankful to all my friends like Andrew (my treasurer) to help me to organise stuff on that day itself and send me ard when i need it... i am also glad that he is always there to talk to me when i am stressed etc... mmmm. Secondly i would like to thank Miss Seah (Alvina / my Publications) for her tedious work of designing the published materials and helping me to control stuff on the seminar day itself. Frankly, it hurts me a lot when i saw her working till so late just to get the stuff done and also she need to do her school work... mmm thats one of the main reason that i refused to run for SSAV presidency coz i think i will be putting stress on her again... mmmm. Other people i would like to thank are Ivan (Photographer and Driver), Jon (MC), Graham (Driver), Jessie (MC), Victor (Banner Man), Sheena and Meiyan (VIP Ushers), Kat (Usher), Janelle (SAM President) and SAM general committee for their help. I am sorry that i leave out anyone keke but please know that i really appreciate your help! haha mmmm ma chum like Oscar prize speech like that haha...

*ma chum = Hokkien translation of something like pretending*

mmm okok time to go back to sleep for one more hour before i wake up to watch cartoons and rush off for Psychology Lecture haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home